As per the statement of shri Anupam Shrivastava, CMD BSNL, published in various dailies today, BSNL has earned an operating profit (not net profit) of Rs.672 crore in 2014-15. Some other aspects of the statement: -
• Income from services has increased by 4% to Rs.27,242 crore.
• Operating profit is Rs.672 crore. In 2013 -14, there was an operating loss of Rs.691 crore.
• Net loss increased to Rs.8,234 crore. Depreciation increased by Rs.2,000 crore.
• Administrative expenses have come down due to the retirement of 10,000 employees.
• Company will earn net profit in 2018 – 19.
• 25,000 towers are installed in the last 2 years and the total number of towers at present is 1,00,000 towers.
• Rs.7,000 crore will be spent in the current financial year for network expansion.
• 4G service will be started in a couple of cities by March end.• At present there are 400 WiFi hotspots. It will be increased t